- WTF? Leona Lewis turns down Obama invitation!
- Susan Boyle loses top spot in Brit reality show
- Was American Idol rigged by AT&T employees?
- Bisexual singer Lady Gaga is intimidating?
- Idol loser Adam Lambert gets his pedicure on.
- R&B singer Mario teams up with Burger King
- Vogue turns back on Rihanna after nude photo scandal
- Cyndi Lauper sued for pulling out of German shows
- Akon spills the beans on Michael Jackson
- Is Lady Gaga mocking the disabled in latest video?
- Diddy's twitter account is locked due to haters
- Music Interviews
- Media News
- Community Events
- HipHossip Music Foundation
- HipHossip Concert Promotions
- Google Plus
- Soundcloud Audios
- Reverbnation Audios
- Baby #CiaraJackson
- KJ's Blog (The Kid Reporter)
- Celebrity Single Moms
- Nigerian Tribune Column
- Instagram Photo Feed
- Press Kit
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
Shyt happens! you know what they say..."Nobody gets away with MURDER!"
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
- T.I set for prison this TODAY!
- T.I gives farewell concert
- Several ol skool R&B artists to release CD's this week
- Natalie Cole released from hospital
- Charles Hamilton and girlfriend apologize for violent behaviour
- Diddy hosts casting call for VH1 reality show
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Forget the U.S paparrazi, we in Canada know Rihanna got her a good man in Canada. Girl, call me tonite!
Young rapper Dolla once told his brother, rapper Will “Scrapp DeLeon” Robinson, that he didn’t fear death. And that when it comes, he wanted people to wear white and celebrate his life, Robinson told hundreds of mourners Saturday at Dolla’s funeral service.
Thus many of the hundreds of people who came to the Word of Faith Love Center in East Point donned white clothing and draped glittering white scarves around their heads. They somberly filed past Dolla’s body, wrapped in cream-colored fabric.
“He looks like royalty,” said Dr. Regina Naasirah Blackburn, who works with the Temple of Hip Hop, an organization that she said works to “rescue hip hop from violence.”
Blackburn said she didn’t know the rapper, born Roderick Anthony Burton II, but felt compelled to attend his funeral.
“He’s 21; his whole life was in front of him — I don’t know why [Dolla’s shooter] thought he could solve his problems like that.”
The up-and-coming hip hop star died from gunshot wounds Monday afternoon outside the Beverly Center Mall in West Hollywood, Calif. Snellville resident Aubrey Louis Berry, 23, was arrested hours later at the Los Angeles International Airport and charged with Dolla’s murder.
Berry, who has pleaded not guilty to murder and two counts of assault, remains in jail with bail set at $5 million.
Los Angeles attorney Howard Price said Berry, his client, was acting in self-defense when he shot Dolla repeatedly with a 9 mm handgun. According to Los Angeles police, Dolla was unarmed and was shot several times in the back.
During Saturday’s service, Robinson stood at the front with close friends and family, including D.J. Shabazz, who was with Dolla at the time of his death, and reflected on his brother’s family life and path to fame.
“It was never me or I; it was we, us and they,” Robinson said of Dolla, who was signed to singer Akon’s record label. “He put other people in front of himself.”
He shared the text message he sent to his brother after his death, including this sentiment:
“My big brother has died, but I gained a bigger angel. I always knew you were too good to be here.”
The family of slain rap artist Dolla (real name: Roderick Anthony Burton) responded to claims by the accused killer’s lawyer that the shooting was done in self-defense, and that Dolla was a gang member. Aubrey Louis Berry allegedly shot and killed Dolla at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles on Monday. He was arrested later that day and charged Wednesday with two counts of assault with a firearm and one count of murder and is being held on $5 million bail; he has pleaded not guilty and remains in jail.
“There are three victims in this case, none of which is Aubrey Berry,” the Burton family’s spokesperson, Dennis Byron, said Friday (May 22) in a statement, adding to MTV News that the family was upset by the claim. “His claim of self-defense is very colorful but the fact is that he traveled from Atlanta with a loaded firearm — for which he didn’t possess a carry permit for in the state of California — and then he assassinates Mr. Burton and attempts to shoot his cousin Will and his friend DJ Shabazz. Dolla was doing what he normally does, and that is to come to town and record in the studio and visit his family. He has been a recording artist for many years and being a member of any gang is as far-fetched as Mr. Berry’s claim of self-defense. Mr. Price is attempting to argue his client’s case in the media but the courtroom is where this matter will be dealt with.”
On Thursday, Berry lawyer, Howard K. Price, told MTV News that his client had been victimized and threatened by Dolla over a previous incident at an Atlanta nightclub.
“If somebody has a reasonable perception that he is in danger of bodily injury or death, he has a right to defend himself,” Price said. “He felt his life was in danger because of the previous altercation and what this guy [Burton] is reputed to be, which is [a member of] the Crips [street gang] and the way he conducted himself … and the way his crew approached him when they left the restaurant and followed him to the parking lot.”
- New Edition song writer charged with Havard dorm shooting
- Susan Boyle sings in semi-finals of BGT
- Rapper Dolla murder suspect says it was self defense
- Chris Brown to work with Carrie Underwood
- Jay-Z speaks about leaving Def Jam
- Murdered Rapper Dolla's family releases statement blasting Publicist
- Bikini girl slams Idol Judge
- Jonas brothers are paranoid in new video
- T.I wants another delay in his sentence but denied by judge
- Clay Aiken apologizes to Adam Lambert at fan site
- Jessica Biel would like to cvo-star with Justin Timberlake
Friday, May 22, 2009
LOCAL TV GOING DOWN THE "TUBES?" CTV OUR CANADIAN CHANNEL WITH ALL THE REALITY SHOWS WANTS YOU TO HELP SUPPORT LOCAL TV!!
If you watch Canadian Idol, you would have seen it was on haitus this year. Local TV is losing $$$. So you think you can dance, Canada's Next Top Model, American Idol and many more reality TV shows are coming from CTV Globemedia. This is a plight that we all need to support. Read this entire post pls.....Even if you don't live in Canada.
CTV Toronto is inviting its viewers to a public open house this Saturday, May 23 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in support of local television. The public is invited to tour CTV Toronto’s facilities and meet on-air personalities, including Ken Shaw and Christine Bentley. The Open House is part of a nation-wide day of action by CTV and ‘A’ stations from coast-to-coast to raise awareness on the crisis facing local TV in Canada.
What: CTV Open House When: Saturday, May 23 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Where: 9 Channel Nine Court, Toronto, M1S 4B5
Why: In Canada, the government allows cable and satellite companies to take network programming for free and then charge the consumer. Most TV subscribers in Canada hold the false belief that part of their basic monthly bills goes to their local TV stations. This isn't true. They get nothing. Television service providers, including cable and satellite companies, are reaping huge profits at the direct expense of local Canadian TV stations. Canadians are at risk of losing local television.
CTV Newsnet will broadcast highlights, interviews and testimonials from all 16 local open houses coast-to-coast in a live two-hour special beginning at 1 p.m. ET hosted by Ken Shaw.
CTV invites the public to go to SaveLocal.CTV.ca and sign the petition in support of cable and satellite companies paying for the signals they distribute. The site also features an online mechanism that allows viewers to write to their local member of parliament to ask them for their support of local television.
CTV, Canada's largest private broadcaster, offers a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming. It has the number-one national newscast, CTV NATIONAL NEWS WITH LLOYD ROBERTSON, and is the number-one choice for prime-time viewing. CTVglobemedia Inc. is Canada's premier multi-media company which owns CTV Inc. and The Globe and Mail. CTV Inc. also owns radio stations across the country, and leading national specialty channels. Other CTVglobemedia investments include an interest in Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd., and in Dome Productions, a North American leader in the provision of mobile high definition production facilities. More information about CTV may be found on the company website at www.ctv.ca.
There you have it. Come by and meet all the personalities and me too....
MORE MEMORABLE AI HIGHLIGHTS: Kara DioGuardi Bikini & Bikini Girl Katrina Darrell “American Idol” Finale
American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi undid her dress and stripped down to her bikini as she performed with former American Idol contestant Katrina Darrell, who auditioned in a bikini and won a Golden Idol award for Best Attitude, during the Season 8 finale of American Idol in Los Angeles on Wednesday, May 20.
Word on the Celebrity Snitch Circuit claims that Akon is expecting his sixth child with a Ugandan woman named Susan Owori. Akon reportedly impregnanted Susan, the younger sister of fashion designer Sylvie Owori, during a tour of the country earlier this year. Akon — whose real name is Aliaune Thiam — previously revealed that he has fathered five children with three different women.
That makes 6 kids with 4 baby mamas. Since I have already adopted Akon with his lookalike brother KJ the kid Reporter, that makes me a grandma to be!
She tells RadarOnline.com she approached Seymour to confront her about her former lover's behaviour on a recent episode, during which he placed his hands around Abdul's neck. Thibodeaux was arraigned on Thursday (21May09) and pleaded not guilty. She's due back in court on 4 June (09).
Above is Terri helping Simon's mom on the curb during their dating days.
- Natalie Cole's kidney came from a deceased fan
- Michael Jackson's tour may be in jeopardy
- Rihanna honored for recording achievements
- Listen to the Drake Rihanna affair now deemed a PR stunt
- Danity Kane artist felt disrespected by Diddy
- Did Rapper Chingy knock up a certain woman and abandoned her?
- Chris Brown facing more legal woes
- Chris Brown recording a country song
- Mich'ele demands child support from Suge Knight
- Amber Rose and Kanye West broken up
- Girlfriend of murderer now scared of R&B singer
- Black singers come out for the BMI pop awards
- Usher's new album is titled "Monster"
- Randy Jackson launching bag line
Thursday, May 21, 2009
- Kris and Adam react to the winner shocker
- Did Adam's sexuality cost him the Idol title?
- Kelly Clarkson is now FAT!
- Oasis to play a free concert in London this summer
- Arctic Monkeys make Black Album
- Green Day blasts Walmart for not carrying their uncensored CD
- Coldplay frontman says lawsuit has made him stronger
- Eminem’s Relapse Set to Bust ‘09 Sales
- Kanye Compares Beyoncé, Gaga to Legends
- iTunes May Predict Idols Future Success
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Finally a relationship that has a meaning......and why not? That's my daughter......the one I never had!! RIHANNA is officially over Chris Brown. The Barbadian beauty showed up with a group of friends Monday at Lucky Strike Lanes & Lounge on West 42nd Street, but spent most of the night locking lips with Canadian former child actor-turned-rapper Aubrey “Drake” Graham.
“She was drinking whiskey and apple juice and making out with him all night,” says a spy. “They were really cute together.” Rihanna, who’s also been spending time in town with Katy Perry, peeled off with Drake at about midnight.
Now, I need Rihanna back in town for my next mother daughter shopping spree.
Get them including Max B off the streets!!! We did this PSA back in January 2009.Then I presented him with a t-shirt below.
I wanna throw KJ the kid reporter and Akon both!........As far as I am concerned, I am both their mom! See more lookalike pictures that KJ won $500 for looking like Akon at his world renowned blog thekidreporter.com
In the coming months, Michel’le will be heading to bankruptcy court since Suge is believed to be bankrupt; Suge filed for bankruptcy three years ago.
Michel’le also has another son named Marcel, with whom she had with rapper/producer Dr. Dre.
GEEZ, Looks likes she slept with the whole label!!
Source: Black Celebrity Kids
When The Associated Press reported on Sunday that T.I. — due to report to the Forrest City low-security federal prison in Little Rock, Arkansas, on May 26 — had been given credit for 305 days of home detention, "so his stay at Forrest City prison will likely be only two months," the news agency may have misread the sentencing report. The story has since spread on the Internet, but according to Charysse Alexander, a spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Georgia, it is not accurate.
According to Alexander, the rapper was indeed given credit for the 305 days of home confinement he served while awaiting trial in the case, but that has nothing to do with his prison sentence.
After pleading guilty to two charges of illegally possessing firearms and of being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm in March in connection with his attempt in October 2007 to buy unlicensed machine guns and silencers, T.I. (real name: Clifford Harris Jr.) was ordered to serve one year and one day in federal prison. Alexander explained that, at best, according to federal sentencing guidelines, anyone who serves more than one year in prison is eligible for a 15 percent "good time" credit, which in Tip's case could shave almost 55 days off his sentence.
The confusion may have stemmed from mixing the credit for home confinement with the prison sentence, which are separate terms, Alexander said. Once T.I. completes the prison term, he will still have to serve out the remainder of his home confinement, she said, which will amount to about two months.
I cannot tell you at this time how long he will be locked up.
With files from MTV News
- Lauren London and L'il Wayne having a baby together?
- En Vogue celebrates 20 years
- Flavor of Love reality star Saaphyri in jail for stealing uncle's identity
- Jermaine Dupri tatoos Janet on his body
- Rapper Twister says he did not impregnate porn star
- Eminem says Nick Cannon misinterpreted Mariah diss
- Jamie Foxx spends time and performs on Ellen show
- Does Lionel Richie want to reunite with the Commodores?
- Wedding bells for Nicole Scherzinger?
The Queen of Soul — who tips the scales at nearly 300 pounds nowadays — signed up with the company two years ago and dropped 25 pounds on a 1,750 calorie-a-day diet. Aretha quit Jenny Craig a few months later, complaining that she was “always starving.” LOL!
In the June 2007 issue of Sister 2 Sister Magazine, Aretha, 67, said: “I lost 23 or 24 pounds to begin with, but it’s kind of a strain when you get to 23 or 24 pounds. That’s why I got off of it. It’s a strain because you’re eating the Jenny Craig-type meals, which are very good. But you can only eat them for so long before you want some barbecue ribs or some pigs feet. Once you get off that Jenny Craig thing and you start eating what you’ve been eating, it’s all over.”
With files from Hip-Hop Crunch
You know how it goes, it ain't over till the fat lady sings!! Boy, look at those massive pumpkins on her chest!!
He recently experienced the violence sometimes associated with hip-hop, when a man was reportedly shot Saturday morning (May 16) following his concert in the Windy City.
According to the Chicago Sun-Times, a 21-year-old man was shot in the buttocks at around 4 a.m., outside the House of Blugs, where more than 1,000 people attended the rapper's concert.
The unidentified victim, who has been listed in stable condition, is said to have gotten into an altercation with a man who displayed a handgun, shot the victim and fled the scene.
Local police say the assailant has not been caught. It is not known if the two men had attended the concert. Police are holding that info while an investigation is underway.
The shooting was one of 18 in Chicago over the weekend, which resulted in five deaths and 13 injuries.
Drake reportedly hit the state at around 3:00 a.m., performing for around 45 minutes during which multiple fights broke out within the crowd.
With files from Ballerstatus
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
It’s not every day a suburban white kid falls in love with hip hop and ditches college to pursue a career as a rap star. Asher Roth has risen through the Internet ranks and convinced rap top dogs that his rhythmic word rhymes are white hot. Fans can check him out live Thursday, May 21 at 5 p.m. ET as the hip-hop Goodwill Ambassador rocks the beats on MUCHONDEMAND with a live performance and interview. Fans are at the centre of the action in the live audience and from home by asking questions via text, phone, e-mail, and webcam.
This is an MOD not to miss; after all, it’s going to be one awfully crazy party.
Asher Roth is a rapper from Morrisville, Pennsylvania who grew up, admittedly, sheltered in the suburbs. After discovering hip hop and beginning to write his own rhymes he released his debut album in 2006. But it’s his latest project, Asleep in the Bread Aisle making fans sit up and take notice with the catchy, true-to-life single, “I Love College” currently one of the most requested videos on MuchMusic. Roth was recently featured in Rolling Stone Magazine as an artist to watch.
Thanks to Amy Doary at CTV/Much MTV Media Relations for always putting HipHossip in the know.
NERVE of using a 13 year old boy to gun down a 15 year old all because he burned your mixtapes and sold them on the streets or should I say streetz! Carlos Thompson, the "enforcer" in Cam'ron's crime ridden DIPSET was caught last Friday the 15th May 2009. Wonder what Juelz Santana, Jim Jones and 50 had to say about that? Santana, LOL! I wanna hear from especially YOU! Damn! Carlos? The other one King Tut was no king as he shot himself as police was closing in on him! This is like writing about the fockn mob! Stop this gangsta shyt y'all. See the whole story here on my anti-crime, anti-Cam'ron website.
IT PAYS TO BE A CRIME STOPPER: T.I'S SENTENCE REDUCED TO 2 MONTHS FROM A YEAR OR SHOULD I SAY 10 YEARS?
Fellow artists such as 50 Cent and Mysonne leveled allegations of snitching and secret deals with prosecutors which T.I. vehemently denied. Officials say T.I. will receive no preferential treatment, and he will face three years probation as well as a $100,000 fine upon his release.
"Unless there are custody or security concerns, all incoming inmates are placed in general population," said R.D. Weeks, a spokesman for the prison. If T.I. would have been convicted on all of the weapons charges he was initially charged with, he would have faced a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison as well as $250,000 for each charge in his three-count indictment from 2007.
That's TIP and I above outside a club in ATL 2005. So that goes to show the haters. Stay outta trouble, Snitch or use Crime Stoppers. When T.I gets out of jail, he would be making more gazillions of $ that he won't need to be in that crazy drug and crime life anymore. Another black man who turned his life around, so why can't you instead of hating on me on All hip-Hop? TIP has not been to Canada in so long. We'll be glad to open the gates! I'm calling Grand Hustle to get our own Crime Stoppers PSA
Photographer Derek Blanks does amazing photoshoot on Jeniffer Hudson
Mary J Blige to be in final T.I video
Are wedding bells for Dawn Richards and Que of Day 26?
Kanye pleads not guilty to papparazi assault
Swiss Beatz and ex-wife battle over child support
LL Cool J may soon be a full time actor soon on NCIS spinoff
Queen Latifah on American Idol finale this week
FBI reports says L'il Boosie really order the murder of another rapper?
Swizz Beatz now admits dating Alicia Keys
T.I close to reporting to prison May 26
Mary J Blige liked singing for 30 Rock
News of the shooting spread rapidly on Twitter where, ironically, the rapper had just opened an account earlier in the day.
Dolla had just arrived in Los Angeles earlier Monday, his publicist said. He was recording his first album, “Another Day, Another Dolla.”
“He had a very promising career,” Sue Vannasing said. “He was being hyped as the next Tupac [Shakur]. He chose music to get off the streets.”
Burton moved to Atlanta when he was 5 after his father shot himself in front of the rapper and his sister.
“He was the man of the house,” Vannasing said.
His mother, Joyce Burton, still resides in Atlanta, where Dolla’s funeral will be held, Vannasing said.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Details are sketchy at the moment as it is still developing. Dolla's legal name Roderick Anthony Burton II did not survive the horrific altercation. Once again Hiphossip has learned that Rapper Dolla, the newest artist on Konvict Musik who is said to have some heavy street ties was shot and killed in front of a Beverly Hills mall this afternoon......
Update from the L.A Times
This REALLY SUX! IMAGINE, IT'S 1.22AM AND NONE OF HIS FANS EVEN KNOW YET ON MYSPACE.....EXCEPT IF THOSE COMMENTS ARE MODERATED OR SOMETHING.
An Atlanta rapper was fatally shot at the Beverly Center on Monday afternoon, causing mall diners to dive for cover and sparking a police dragnet for suspects.
The shooting occurred around 3:10 p.m. in the parking structure of the popular Westside mall. Dolla, a rapper whose real name is Roderick Anthony Burton II, was shot in the head while he and another rapper, D.J. Shabbazz, were waiting in the valet area, according to Dolla’s publicist, Sue Vannasing. A friend who was with the rappers at the Beverly Center as well as a Los Angeles Police Department source also confirmed his identity to The Times.
Two suspects fled from the scene, police said. About two hours later, Los Angeles police detained a “person of interest” as he attempted to board a plane out of Los Angeles International Airport. The man allegedly drove his silver Mercedes SUV from the mall to the airport, police said.
Burton, 21, arrived at LAX from Atlanta earlier in the day and went to the Beverly Center to do some shopping, Vannasing said.
He had apparently had a dispute with some people, perhaps at the airport, Vannasing said.
“They followed him to the mall because they knew he was coming,” Vannasing said. Los Angeles police officials could not immediately confirm or deny that account.
Burton was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he died, police said.
Burton was an up-and-coming rapper out of Atlanta who had recorded several singles. He was in town to work on his first album, slated to be released this summer on Jive Records, Vannasing said.
His first single, released in 2007, was “Who the [Expletive] is that?”
The shooting rattled shoppers and diners.
At a Chipotle restaurant next to the valet area, 10 people were eating when the shots rang out.
“The customers were yelling ‘close the store, close the store, because somebody is shooting,’ ” said Elsa Hernandez, general manager of the restaurant.
The center is normally quite peaceful, said Hernandez, who’s worked at the restaurant for six years.
“This is the first time this has happened here,” she said.
Newton Cacho, 31, works across the street from the Beverly Center. “I’m very surprised something like this happened here. You come to a nicer part of town and you don’t expect this,” Cacho said.
Friday, May 15, 2009
- Bette Midler wants to duet with 50 Cent
- Jennifer Hudson reveals memories of her slain mother
- Rapper Alfamega arrested for gun posession
- FloRida's sisters inspired hit song
- Fabolous falls for a thief in video
- Twitter removes fake Kanye West account
- T.I and Beyonce dominates BET awards
- Judge puts lawsuit against C-Murder on hold
- Rapper T.I and Tiny to tie the knot this weekend
- Rihanna, Beyonce and Michelle Obama share Glamourous top 50
- L'il Wayne to be a presenter at MTV movie awards
- Ciara and Jay-Z add more concert dates
- First 50 Cent, now Bette Midler is a big Neyo fan
- Shia Labeuof claims he wined and dined Rihanna
- The true Hollywood stories and lives of rapper's wives
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Jackson's first shows in 12 years begin July 8.
Legal maneuvers by former associates attempting to derail the shows are "meritless and have not impacted rehearsals," says Randy Phillips, the CEO of promoter AEG. "We have a bona fide contract, the deal's in place, he's performing, we're performing."
Ray Waddell, Billboard.com
This is truly scary!!
When 50 Cent teamed up with Wisin y Yandel to collaborate on the reggaeton duo’s single, “Mujeres en el Club,” he may have started a trend, as more urban artists seem to be popping up on Spanish-language tracks. Now Akon has joined in, making his foray into the Latin genre by dropping not one but two new singles. The hitmaker recently recorded a remix of his latest smash “Beautiful”, featuring Spanish vocals by ex-RBD member Dulce Maria. And last week he joined Bachata stars Aventura to shoot a video in Miami for their blazing new single “All Up to You,” along with Wisin y Yandel. “Working with Akon, it was an experience,”
Aventura frontman Romeo told MTV News from the video set. “We’ve never worked with an artist this huge.” According to Romeo, it was Akon who first approached the Bronx, New York-based foursome about working together. And when we asked Akon if we could expect to see more of these collaborations, he said it was only the beginning. “I think you’re gonna see a lot more of that kind of [collaboration between] the whole hip-hop, R&B and the Latino community,” Akon said at last month’s Billboard Latin Music Awards, where he performed the song live. “We were always connected, we just never actually worked together. So now we’re going to start doing that.”
During his incarceration, X revealed plans to start a Christian ministry upon his release."I'm gonna start a TV show called Pain and Perseverance, it's about how I can reach people that the average person can't reach because I'm grounded," he stated. "I'm going to give my first sermon, in the church. That's going to be incredible for me and hopefully the congregation of that church.
I've completed my gospel album. On every one of my albums there's been a gospel song and prayer. Because of my image those songs are never made singles except my sixth album where they did 'Lord Give Me a Sign.'" DMX was originally supposed to release a double album, one with his Hip-Hop comeback titled Walk With Me Now, the other a gospel album titled You'll Fly with Me Later. Both projects remain in limbo.
No word on the rest of his plans for 2009.
In Much signature style, the 2009 MMVAs are going interactive and giving fans their say – only this time, there’s a new twist! Through muchmusic.com, viewers are given the power to not only determine award winners for the upcoming MUCHMUSIC VIDEO AWARDS on June 21, but to pick some of the nominees for the all-new UR FAVE Awards (formerly People’s Choice Awards). Fans have come out in droves casting more than 50,000 online votes in only nine days!
MuchMusic gives fans a head start by selecting the first four candidates in each of the three categories: UR FAVE New Artist/Group, UR FAVE Video, and UR FAVE International Video, but it’s up to the public to select the final wildcard nominee. Viewers can go online now and vote for the UR FAVE Wildcard Nominee by logging on to muchmusic.com.
Only six days left for fans to have their say! Voting for UR FAVE Wildcard Nominees closes on May 19 at 11:59 p.m. ET. A complete list of nominees to be announced on May 20.
Kris and his incredible “Heartless” helped oust Danny Gokey, who I expected early on to win. A bit of a surprise but given how strong Kris has been lately, not THAT much of a surprise. And people in our unscientific poll felt Danny SHOULD go home. (Perhaps that Aerosmith scream last week did him in.)
We can quickly handicap a Kris/Adam showdown. As noted in the past blog entry, I think Danny’s fans will more likely gravitate toward Kris, making him the favorite. Who woulda thunk it? Kris was not a favorite going into the top 36 and even as we entered the top 10, he was a dark horse. But he kept surprising us with interesting takes on songs and great musicality, even if his personality has not been sparkling. He can win this.
Why did Danny go home?He had the huge back story going in, the likable personality, the great voice, the good looks. He had it all going in. He was an early favorite once we got to the top 36. And at the top 12 point, most people had him as the winner. But oddly, Kris and Adam both ended up exceeding him.
A police report was not made available Wednesday night, but Rolling Stone magazine reported the incident occurred April 27 outside Southern Tracks, where the Seattle-based band is completing its ninth studio album.
According to the magazine, Ament and another man were jumped by three assailants waiting in the woods.
Wearing black masks and brandishing knives, the attackers smashed the windows of a rented Jeep and demanded money. Ament was robbed of $3,000, his passport and $4,320 worth of goods, the report said.
The bassist attempted to run away but was knocked to the ground, sustaining a cut on the head that did not require hospitalization. The robbers drove off in a black Nissan Maxima.
A surveillance camera captured the assault but no arrests have been made.
Southern Tracks is the home base of famed producer Brendan O’Brien, who is collaborating with Pearl Jam for a second time. Several major artists have recorded with O’Brien in his Atlanta studio, including Bruce Springsteen (2002’s “The Rising” and 2007’s “Magic”).
- ► 2012 (693)
- ► 2011 (367)
- ► 2010 (465)
- PHIL SPECTOR SENTENCED TO 19 YEARS TO LIFE!!
- DRAKE TO RIHANNA--"I LOVE YOU!" WE ALREADY APPROVE...
- R.I.P: RAPPER DOLLA LAID TO REST IN ATLANTA.
- THE FACE OF EVIL SAYS DOLLA WAS A CRIP AND HE KILL...
- LOCAL TV GOING DOWN THE "TUBES?" CTV OUR CANADIAN ...
- MORE MEMORABLE AI HIGHLIGHTS: Kara DioGuardi Biki...
- I WILL BE A GRANDMOTHER SOON. THANKS TO MY SON AKO...
- Beyonce “Ego” Music VIDEO.
- CRAZED FAN ATTACKS SIMON COWELL'S EX--TERRI.
- URBAN MUSIC LINKORAMA.........
- ROCK AND POP LINKORAMA.............
- RIHANNA CAUGHT MAKING OUT WITH DRAKE!!
- CRIMESTOPPERS: Rapper Classified tells Torontonian...
- MORE DOLLA DEATH COVERAGE.............R.I.P...
- EMPIRE ISIS INTERVIEWS JANELLE MONAE...
- AKON BEATS THE THROWING KID CASE....A LITTLE!!
- L'IL WAYNE'S DAD GETS PROBATION FOR SMOKING POT!!
- CHILD WITH LABEL HEAD AND ARTIST: MICHEL'LE DEMAND...
- BIG ERROR: T.I. Will Spend More Than Two Months In...
- [HD] Lady Gaga- LoveGame (Live At Dancing With The...
- ROCK AND POP LINKORAMA.............
- URBAN MUSIC LINKORAMA.........
- FAT LADY ARETHA FRANKLIN INSULTED BY BEING ASKED T...
- DRAKE'S CHICAGO CONCERT ENDS WITH ONE MAN SHOT!
- Eminem Family Guy Commercial Full HD
- RAPPER T.I TALKS ABOUT THE DEATH OF DOLLA
- Asher Roth Brings the Bread to MUCHONDEMAND.
- LIKE YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT CARLOS HAS BEEN CAUGHT!!...
- IT PAYS TO BE A CRIME STOPPER: T.I'S SENTENCE REDU...
- URBAN MUSIC LINKORAMA.........
- THE LATE RAPPER DOLLA HAD JUST OPENED A TWITTER AC...
- BREAKING NEWS: RAPPER DOLLA KILLED IN BEVERLY HILL...
- URBAN MUSIC LINKORAMA.........
- “Blame It On” Remix: President Barack Obama Ft Mic...
- Michael Jackson rehearses for first show in 12 yea...
- AKON GETTING INTO LATIN MUSIC.
- NEW MUSIC--GENERAL - BLIND SPOT
- DMX FINALLY OUT OF JAIL. LOOKING POSITIVE FOR HIS ...
- URGENT!! VOTE FOR CLASSIFIED, HIPHOSSIP'S CHOICE I...
- SO LONG DANNY GOKEY (FANTASIA'S PREDICTION) AMERIC...
- Pearl Jam bassist attacked outside Southern Tracks...
- TORONTO CRIMESTOPPERS: Adrian Johnston Murder Memo...
- DRAKE COMES HOME TO TORONTO!
- NICK CANNON SAYS MARIAH DID NOT SLEEP WITH EMINEM!...
- BABY #3 FOR L'IL WAYNE? BABY MAMA? LAUREN LONDON.
- HIPHOSSIP EXCLUSIVE: Tiny And T.I. To Marry This W...
- HERE ARE THE BET AWARDS NOMINEES. MY WINNERS ARE H...
- MY RESPONSE TO ALLHIP-HOP.COM FANS.
- SORRY CAM'RON! THIS VIDEO SHOULD BE TITLED "CRIME ...
- WHY AM I GIVING CAM'RON'S CD A BAD RAP?
- ROCK AND POP LINKORAMA.............
- URBAN MUSIC LINKORAMA.........
- ANTI-CRIMEPAYS DAY ON HIPHOSSIP: Shooting of 6 at ...
- ANTI-CRIMEPAYS DAY ON HIPHOSSIP: Mother of Jarvis ...
- ANTI-CRIMEPAYS DAY ON HIPHOSSIP: Homicide Cop-Jarv...
- CRIME STOPPERS - ANOTHER YOUTH SHOOTING IN TORONTO...
- URBAN MUSIC LINKORAMA.........
- CNN reports " Nigeria's hip-hop industry is making...
- Lil' Kim & Derek Hough dance live at the Regis & K...
- Amazing: Will.i.am Gets Emotional When Speaking On...
- Donny Goines live @ China Club 5.05.09.
- PAULA ABDUL BLASTS PILL REHAB REPORTS!!
- RAPPER CLASSIFIED FEATURED IN THE TORONTO STAR.
- VOTE FOR CLASSIFIED TO BE THE 5TH NOMINEE FOR THE ...
- URBAN MUSIC LINKORAMA.........
- TWO BOSSES IN TORONTO LAST NIGHT!
- JENNIFER HUDSON REPROPOSES TO DAVID OTUNGA.
- ROCK AND POP LINKORAMA.............
- URBAN MUSIC LINKORAMA.........
- My early week podcast for Reddingnewsreview.com Th...
- 21 YEARS OF BEING A PHARMACIST AND THIS ONE REALLY...
- Susan Boyle The Way We Were 1984.
- R.I.P JARVIS ST. REMY.....
- FAN-O-RAMA: BEYONCE LEAVES THE 106 AND PARK STUDIO...
- LINKORAMA.........WEEKEND WRAP UP.
- PRINCE ON TAVIS SMILEY--SPOKE ABOUT HOW BULLYING I...
- K-FED SWAPS BACHELOR PAD FOR CHILD-FRIENDLY HOME ....
- YOUNG JEEZY CONCERT FALLS VICTIM TO SWINE FLU.
- WHICH MUSICIANS MADE THE TIME 100 LIST?
- ▼ May (83)
- ► 2008 (3600)