- Music Interviews
- Media News
- Community Events
- HipHossip Music Foundation
- HipHossip Concert Promotions
- Google Plus
- Soundcloud Audios
- Reverbnation Audios
- Baby #CiaraJackson
- KJ's Blog (The Kid Reporter)
- Celebrity Single Moms
- Nigerian Tribune Column
- Instagram Photo Feed
- Press Kit
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Debby Beece, president of programming and marketing at Oxygen, likened "Coolio" to a real-life version of "My Three Sons." "Coolio is a single dad raising kids, and it's got a lot of unconventional parenting aspects to it. He wants his kids to do as he says, not as he does," Beece said. Coolio, now 44, enjoyed some success in the mid-1990s with such singles as "Fantastic Voyage," and "Gangsta's Paradise. His career cooled amid various legal problems and as rap took on a harder edge. Wonder how anti-hip-hop music celebrity Oprah Winfrey feels about this? After all she is selling the Oxygen Network for $925 million so I don't think she care a bit........
Saturday, October 27, 2007
OMG!........It's a Louis Vuitton trash bag! Gosh, how rich can you be?? Word on the online street is that it was found outside Beyonce's house. You sure it wasn't in front of Kanye West's garage? Louis V?
"There are people who may not be directly culpable, but they damn sure know who did it," said Bill Adler, a hip-hop historian and one-time Run-DMC publicist. "And they keep their mouths shut because they know they could be the next one to end up dead." The mother of rap icon Jam Master Jay knows the truth: the people who brazenly pumped a bullet into her son's head remain on the street. So do the witnesses - some of them Jay's friends - who can identify the killers.
Check out what Alan Baverman gave him. He's the former defense lawyer for Capital Cities/Disney/ABC. Top media and entertainment lawyer now a senior U.S District Judge. Alan, who I must now call "Judge Baverman" was quite TOUGH on the bail conditions!!!! $3 million dollar bond and the posh house, 100% house arrest complete with GPS monitor, everyone visiting has to PASS a criminal background check...........so I guess no one will be visiting. No Snoop, Busta, Jay-Z or Diddy. They all have prior convictions and so does almost every other person in the rap business. THIS IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO OFFEND ANYONE!!!!! (I said "every other") Even Will Smith who has never cursed in his rap albums was my neighbor in West Philly in my pharmacy school days 20 years ago over there told you he "started to get into trouble in the neighborhood." I still have the 1987 article "FRESH PRINCE ARRESTED!" Poor T.I, he's such a sweetie pie and Tiny (baby mama) who was the first to wish me a happy birthday on my MySpace page. T.I has always been my template on my page. The most important bail condition is NO CONTACT with witnesses or "victims" and he will be penalized if anybody contacts them on his behalf. Only the lawyers must do that. So all you groupies and rap producers (everyone's so called job in Atlanta) don't mess with T.I's BIZNESS! Read the whole story from the "horse's mouth." The Atlanta Journal Constitution.......Neigh.............
Thursday, October 25, 2007
When you are gonna shoot a magazine spread and you are already a convicted felon, you cannot possess or buy a gun.............but was the Rapper's Publicist thinking when this photo shoot was done? When cooking a turkey, stick to the turkey rather than staying armed. Gosh! I hope the Prosecutors do not use this in court! Already we have Judges reading our blogs and record company executives telling us to be sensitive about what we write. Don't blame this one on the "media." Check out the gun in his right pocket!!! T.I is still awaiting bail and heads back to court tomorrow Friday.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Saturday, October 20, 2007
An ex-bodyguard for Tupac Shakur claims to have been an undercover FBI agent during the four years he was employed by Death Row. Of course it all has to do with the sale of a product namely a DVD that's called "TuPac Assassination: Conspiracy or revenge." See the video of his statement at Harvey Levin's TMZ. Incredible revelation!
Shame Rapper T.I is still locked up as we hear that the movie he's supposed to be in premiered in New York last night. Everyone in the movie was present including Diddy, Common, Methodman, Ice T, Denzel himself and more. Even TV's Judge Hatchett came by. American Gangster comes to theaters in November. More pictures at YBF.
Friday, October 19, 2007
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Sandra Rose, celebrity photographer in Atlanta reports: In an interview with the AJC following Monday's hearing, Steve Sadow, one of T.I.'s lawyers said he requested Harris's bond hearing be postponed until Friday to give the defense team more time to prepare. But sources say Sadow and another of T.I.'s lawyers, Dwight Thomas, are preparing to ask U.S. Magistrate Alan Braverman to place T.I. on house arrest under electronic surveillance or require him to wear an ankle monitoring device as a condition of his bond. "This would ensure the public's safety as well as allow [T.I.] to continue to support his family until his trial comes up," said a source who is familiar with the case.
But a prominent Atlanta attorney said T.I.'s background will be a factor in the judge's decision - "I understand [T.I.] violated his probation with a previous gun charge, not to mention the felony conviction on drug charges in Cobb County," said the attorney, who asked to remain anonymous. "The judge will also take into consideration the company that the young man keeps," said the attorney referring to the two rappers signed to T.I.'s label who were named in the federal affidavit for allegedly providing T.I. with guns. "All of those factors will weigh heavily against him when he goes before the judge," the attorney explained. Thanks Sandra, I hear T.I's children will be in the courtroom as the lawyers need to portray him as a family man. He worships his kids!
I normally don't like to get into race issues because it is a very sensitive subject to me. I experienced it so bad in the South when I lived in Georgia with some "animals" that could make you just hate white people altogether! A white Manager at a Toronto Blockbuster shop told me how Georgia was so damn racist and he saw how blacks were treated down there which he thought was a complete mess. In my 21 years up North, it was never like that but why would BET even have two of the "Jena 6" teens come and present awards on their show? Completely bad Public Relations. Carwin Jones and Bryan Purvis, two of the "Jena 6" teens were present everywhere literary treated like celebrities. It sends several racial bad messages as far as I'm concerned!
First of all these kids have been glorified on a TV network for what they did. Though they were never tried, they were accused in a group of beating up a fellow white student almost to unconsciousness. By having them on the award show says they are the victims. They thanked the viewers and hip-hop "for supporting" them. Hip-hop? The main one Mychall Bell was sent back to jail again because of prior convictions and probation violations. Did everyone know this when they went to march up there last month. The officials in that town are already racist pigs (just look at how the DA spoke to CNN!) but it does not give BET the right to glorify these young men on national TV. If we all had nooses under a tree in our yards, we won't go out and beat up someone? The federal, state and local Jena government was irresponsible because the case was not treated as a hate crime so everyone took the law into their hands. Now BET glorifying them is bad in my opinion.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
By now we all know the star of the evening was arrested earlier in the day. Put your prayers in for T.I and his family pls. It doesn't hurt. We all make mistakes if in fact that is all proven in court. So much other drama happened during the awards taped in Atlanta last Saturday the 13th of October.
1. The Michael Vick moments. No, the embattled former quarterback of the Atlanta Falcons didn't appear, but when rapper David Banner held up Vick's jersey at the end of his "I Am Hip-Hop" segment, the audience was on its feet. Vick also was mentioned later in the show when host Katt Williams couldn't get a dog to cooperate. Let's just say his name was invoked as a threat.
2. The Kanye West strangeness. No, the bravado-plus rapper and producer didn't top the fit he recently had at the MTV Awards. Instead, he displayed some rare public humility and graciousness, offering to give UGK and OutKast the best video award for their "International Player's Anthem" (directed by Bryan Barber) after he won it for "Stronger" (directed by Hype Williams). "I've been waiting for the [occasion] to win an award that I felt I shouldn't get," West said. (Antwan "Big Boi" Patton of OutKast handed it back.)
3. The Lil Wayne performance. The only one of the night that had people standing in apparent awe.
4. The curious way Melyssa Ford compliments Cee-Lo. Apparently the model and BET personality doesn't know that the "g" is silent in Cee-Lo's group, Gnarls Barkley — though she claimed she was a fan. (Or perhaps that was the TelePrompTer's claim.)
5. The almost unrecognizables. Atlanta R&B singer Keyshia Cole and Banner. Just see for yourself.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Of course this was handed to them via one of my old stations CBS-46 or WGCL. In media ethics we should look at privacy and an ongoing federal investigation. If you live in Atlanta, you know where T.I lives but adding sensation is why the public really hates us........THE MEDIA. This video which has barely any audio and so short has generated about 2.5 million hits in the first 12 hours of the story breaking. At press time the press release from the Justice department had his addressed fully listed and some media outlets XX'd it out for privacy! I think exposing the Rapper's personal information like an address and video of a property can severely damage the case if someone were to break in there.........and steal evidence OR EVEN PLANT MORE!
Here are what fans are saying all over media sites on the internet.
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Four children and a longtime girlfriend who is also a mother to two of the kids, now everything is upside down. "Federal Agents!" The picture above was taken after I finished interviewing him at Visions Night club in Atlanta in 2005. We were swarmed by paparazzi. He DOES not like the papz. I have no further comment but to wish him and Tiny GOOD luck. Meanwhile he won a few awards last night including the coveted Album Of The Year which we congratulate him for. The show airs Wednesday at 8pm. This is a real shame.
- ► 2012 (693)
- ► 2011 (367)
- ► 2010 (465)
- ► 2009 (968)
- ► 2008 (3600)
- India welcomes Beyonce..........
- Keysha Cole's nude on the cover of December's Vibe...
- Rapper Coolio set to star in his own reality show ...
- RIDICULOUS PICTURE OF THE DAY: The rich keeps gett...
- Picture of the Day! This will make a good GQ cover...
- Who killed "Jay?": 5 years later............
- Rapper T.I released on $3 million strict bail!
- The chipmunks do "Shawty is a 10."
- The real "Shawty is a 10."
- Queen Latifah tells magazine: 'Beauty is not just ...
- Quincy Jones's son is filming a DVD about Rappers ...
- Rapper T.I in magazine shoot with a GUN!
- Foxy Brown gets solitary confinement for fighting ...
- R&B singer LaLa Brown and boyfriend found shot to ...
- Former FBI undercover doubled as TuPac Shakur's Bo...
- Here we go again! T.I's arrest fuels questions abo...
- Denzel Washington and T.I's movie "American Gangst...
- Shar Jackson won MTV's "Celebrity Rap Superstar."
- Media update on Rapper T.I.....Bond request up in ...
- Stay tuned for more news this afternoon!!!
- Welcome to a different kind of Hip-Hop and R&B sit...
- The Diddy assault saga continues!
- C-Miller/C-Murder gets a new murder trial.
- Media Reports: Rapper T.I may get house arrest on ...
- Was BET right to put two of the "Jena 6" teens on ...
- MTV's Celebrity Rap Superstar to be crowned tonigh...
- Five fun things to watch for on tonight's BET Hip ...
- ATF Media conference reveals Rapper T.I's alleged ...
- Should CNN have posted the video of Rapper T.I's h...
- Details continue to emerge on the big MEDIA STORY ...
- BET Hip Hop nine time nominee Rapper T.I arrested ...
- Snoop Dogg to clean parks as part of sentence.
- ▼ October (32)